• Use of the correct washing procedures for the different materials that need to be cleaned using different chemicals in different wash machines.
• Inspect part’s cleanliness, damage, and compliance with quality standards.
• Scrub, scrape, or spray machine parts, using scrapers, brushes, cloths, chemical cleaners, abrasives, compressed air and metal preservatives.
• Safely mix hazardous chemicals / cleaning solutions, abrasive compositions, and other compounds, for cleaning parts and for the machines operated to clean parts.
• Safe and efficient use of cleaning machines (Bupi and Proceco machines).
• Safe use and operation of forklifts and cranes to transport parts in and out of cleaning machines and into bays.
• Efficient and safe use of the sand blasting machines to remove paint.
• Efficient and safe use of pressure washers to clean parts. (Regulate pressure and flow of water, air, steam, or abrasives from sprayer nozzles).
• Efficient and safe pre-wash procedures.
• Monitor operation of cleaning machines, and notify the supervisor when malfunctions occur.
• Maintain inventories of cleaning supplies and equipment.
• Safe and efficient use of tooling used for cleaning and wrapping parts (air drill, air chipper, gas fuelled heat, etc.) including daily checks and maintenance.
• Clean and maintain facilities and equipment using checklists and Barloworld standard operating
• Maintain a safe and orderly workplace (6S).
• Forklift: Daily forklift maintenance, moving and stacking of material and finished products, loading of finished items, rigging of machinery.
• Understand process of assembly line.
• Planning and prioritising jobs to be washed as per schedule and priority status
Qualification, Experience and Competencies
• Minimum Grade 12.
• Verbal comprehension.
• Aiming (hand-eye coordination).
• Ability to obtain certification as forklift operator within 90 days of appointment.
• Ability to obtain certification as overhead / jib crane operator within 90 days of appointment.
• Ability to follow instructions under supervision.
• Driver’s licence – Code B will be an added advantage.