The purpose of the job is to pack completed explosive products in a systematic manner to ensure that they are safe and secure. The incumbent of the position must see to it that boxes are correctly weighed and labelled with the specified information clearly listed. This role is based at the Losberg plant in Fochville. It is a shift based role.
• 1 year demonstrated experience in the assembly and packaging of explosives accessories through the use of an assembly line
• 1 year demonstrated experience in the application of the required occupational health and safety standards within an explosives environment.
Ensuring that finished product is properly packed in boxes in prescribed quantities.
Ensuring that boxes are weighed and labelled accordingly
Responsible for packing boxes containing completed units so that they are safe and secure
Apply good housekeeping principles at all times
To work safely, conforming to the occupational health and safety act and the explosives act at all times.
Meet daily production targets.
Ensure availability and uninterrupted supply of raw materials and components
• Proven ability to perform duties under pressure
• Attention to detail
• Ability to meet daily targets
• Good hand-eye coordination