Sappi Southern Africa requires a Customer Services Administrator to be the customers’ first line of contact on all managed customer accounts in all aspects from the booking of orders, stock inquiries to the issuing of the delivery instructions, coordinate of transporters arrivals (track & trace) for several business portfolios to promote an excellent customer experience.
This role reports to the Customer Services Supervisor.
The main responsibilities of this job are
• Receive and follow up on customer orders and review the orders placed by peers to reduce booking errors.
• Ensure that bookings, confirmation, amendment and cancellation of sales orders are actioned on SAP.
• Maintain the order book regarding finalising balances and changing orders to different machine and warehouse locations.
• Actively flag sales orders as per customer demand with customer delivery requirements on a daily and weekly basis.
• Continuously review credit limit availability for planned orders to be delivered and negotiate with customers to take stock on hand.
• Communicate customer offloading constraints to the business in order to manage customer expectations.
• Negotiate and coordinate average lead times of planned loads to maintain scheduled deliveries for on-time arrival.
• Utilise Track & Trace system to monitor the timeliness of deliver and provide vehicle locations to customers
• Review and verify pricing requests to Central Business and provide support to sales portfolio, Sappi Mills and Supply Chain departments.
• Identify and sell stock from surplus stock, other customer matched stock, over makes, offering deckle, sub-standard and broke stock to customers.
• Understand customer requirements/expectations and resolve issues that may arise.
• Plan and manage customer call-off constraints and allocate stock to customers that can accept delivery and has available credit limit
• Update customers with making plans and inform them of any changes:
• Inform customers that their priority orders will be delayed and manage customer expectations
• Attend to unexpected urgencies
• General: advise of machine breakdowns, production delays & non/short made orders
• Manage planned loads that come directly from the next making
• Offer alternatives to customers by redistributing current stock
• Provide customers with a Certificate of Compliance (COC), invoices and proof of deliveries (POD’s) as and when required.
• Regularly communicate with customers regarding order status reports /stock availability and effectively deal with customer complaints in a professional manner.
• Reconcile customer order book as per process agreed with customers by verifying information captured within the Sappi order book compared to the customer order book.
• Liaise with customers regarding SLA’s for turnaround times, cut-off times, and offloads and advise of any delays.
• Review early warning of credit account issues to the sales department
The ideal candidate should have:
• 3 years Customer Service experience with order capturing, tracking orders to meet customers’ demands within a manufacturing/technical environment (specifically on the outbound Supply chain)
• 2 years’ experience using SAP/APO, SAP DPE, SAP CSR, SCM, BW and TM
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple responsibilities
• Skilled in conflict resolution with the ability to proactively manage customer’s conflicts
• Proficient in MS Office (i.e. Excel pivot tables)
Closing Date: 06 February 2023