We are recruiting for an Assistant (Explosives Truck) to ensure that all the prescribed duties are carried out in preparation of a detonation, performing the detonation, and concluding post-detonation tasks. In this process, will be responsible for assisting the blaster and truck operator with the preparation of the blast block. To assist the truck operator to collect products at silos and deliver product down the hole at the blasting face. Responsible for the housekeeping and maintenance of the vehicle, re-filling area and other working areas. A successful candidate must have a Matric with Maths, Previous experience in blasting / mining environment, 2 years blasting assistant experience
Grade 12 with Maths
Code 10 would be an added advantage
Blasting Assistant Certificate
Magazine Master Ticket (Desirable)
Previous experience in blasting / mining environment
2 years blasting assistant experience
• To re-fill the truck at the loading points with the prescribed raw materials / products under the supervision of the Truck Operator. Assist the Truck Operator in conducting the prescribed pre-use inspections Prior to use of the truck.
• To perform cleanliness duties of the vehicle on an on-going basis so that it is presentable in the eye of the public.
• To perform housekeeping duties as instructed by the Foreman or other authority figure. This may include cleaning, sweeping of the site, silo areas and cleaning ablution facilities.
• To ensure Personal cleanliness at all times as per SHERQ requirement.
• To carry out an inspection of all the holes and measure them to ensure that they are drilled to the correct depth in cooperation with the Truck Operator.
• To report any out of spec holes, so that the truck operator While adhering to all the SHERQ standards and prescriptions, responsible for engaging the pumping process and loading the holes according to the design specs.
• To place the charging hose into the correct holes as per procedures.
• To ensure the detonator is not stuck at the bottom of the hole before charging commence
• To ensure the detonator line is secured at the collar of the hole to eliminate the possibility of the detonator line falling into the hole.
Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Attention to detail
Strong communication/interpersonal skills