We are looking to recruit x5 (five) permanent Wholesale Receiving Clerk to work for United Pharmaceutical Distributors (UPD). The role will be based at our Branch and will report to the Warehouse Supervisor.
To compare and check invoices and purchase orders against confirmed quantities to ensure accurate accounting of all stock received and also accurate control over all discrepancies to avoid incorrect payment of suppliers.
• Ensure that GWDP (Good Wholesaling and Distribution Practice) is complied with and that UPD SOPs are adhered to during the Receiving process and that product and/or stock is correctly and accurately received in good order and condition.
• Ensure that products requiring special storage and handling are quickly, correctly and accurately identified from the detail in the Supplier invoices/delivery notes and to ensure that these products are immediately moved to the correct area designated to handle these products in terms of UPD SOPs.
• Ensure that the Receiving process is accurately and timeously completed in order to comply with and meet service level agreements/cut off times and that receiving instances are captured onto the UPD on line system immediately on receipt and that any anomalies are
• Indicated on the Suppliers’ delivery documentation and reported to the department head and that the relevant claims documents are generated in terms of UPD SOPs.
• Ensure high standards of housekeeping and cleanliness in your allocated receiving cage/area station is maintained and that necessary equipment is available and maintained in an orderly manner.
• Ensure that any disputes or errors found/identified are escalated and reported to the department head and the UPD Planner and are rectified, and recorded by generating the relevant claim documents before the end of each cut off/shift and that GWDP and UPD SOPs are followed while handling returns.
• Ensure that any breakages/spillages are immediately reported to the department head and Pharmacist and are recorded and cleaned up immediately in terms of UPD SOPs.
• Comply with and meet operational cost containment targets and stipulated cut off times and deadlines
• Matric/Grade 12 or equivalent
• Wholesale and Retail Distribution – NQF Level 2, preferable
• 1 Year’s experience in the Pharmaceutical industry, preferable.
Job related knowledge and skills
• Basic product knowledge
• Warehousing and distribution industry knowledge
• Communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Able to work under time pressure/ time deadlines
• Able to work in a team
• Accuracy and numerical ability