- To supervise and assist in daily warehouse and goods-inwards including: Processing internal stock requests, relocating stock or transferring stock to the various external stores locations, ensuring the accuracy of supporting documentation and accurately logging all inventory transactions, receiving incoming materials, inspecting new deliveries, completing regular stock checks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To plan daily tasks, pick, sort materials for dispatch to various clients as requested.
- To receive delivery of goods from suppliers, to process the delivery paperwork, and locate the goods into their appropriate location.
- To use the various lifting aids, and Counterbalance Fork-Lift truck for the safe movement of goods and equipment around the site.
- To process all necessary paperwork used to record the movement and issuing of stock. Develop and maintain departmental instructions and procedures for all tasks.
- Interpret company policies and enforce safety regulations. Make recommendations to improve warehouse operations, increase efficiency and staff performance.
- Liaise with other departments to coordinate activities and adjust working practices in order to meet the demands as dictated by production schedules and workflow.
- Secondary tasks:
- Carry out visual quality checks on receiving of stock items.
- Carry out regular stock checks. Ensure that the stores areas are a safe.
- Matric (equivalent of NQF level 4)
- 3 – 5 Working experience