Purpose of Position
To provide efficient day-to-day support for procurement, logistics, and repairs administration.
Duties & Responsibility
▪ Supply of parts to Technical Hardware / RMA workshop personnel to ensure central point of control over inventory and maintain accurate record.
▪ Administration and Management of product repair records and procedure, also ensuring that all
▪ repaired items are returned timeously.
▪ Submit RMA inventory adjustment report to Logistics Team Lead as required, this to be done in collaboration with the RMA Team Lead
▪ Create service notifications, sales orders and invoices related to RMAs for our customers.
▪ Process Third party purchase orders, expedite and ensure timeous supply.
▪ Maintain up-to-date supplier records on master vendor database ensuring that information corresponds with SAP system including BBBEE Certificates.
▪ Procurement from Third Parties and non-stock items.
▪ Manage shipping of internal and external customer orders.
▪ Issue delivery notes and prepare Passout documents to be actioned by the Warehouse assistant.
▪ Responsible for all export related activities
▪ Maintain an up-to-date record of audit trails for procurement (Intercompany, Internal, and external)
▪ Maintain up-to-date record of customs documentation such as BOL, SLI, SAD500, DA65.
▪ Assist the finance department with uploading the import and export VAT related documentation.
▪ Perform ad-hoc collections and deliveries as required by the business from time to time.
▪ Provide logistics and warehouse support to our locally based Intercompanies such as IDS GeoRadar, Split Engineering, Hexagon Geospatial, etc.
▪ Create and submit inventory adjustment reports to Logistics Team Lead
▪ Receipt and put away of raw materials performing the corresponding transactions in SAP ERP system.
▪ Classification of all materials and products updating the Tariff / Harmonization codes in collaboration with Warehouse and Logistics Assistant.
▪ Assist with ad-hoc / emergency collections and deliveries as required by the business from time to time.
▪ Assist the Logistics Team Lead with reconciliation of Demo and Trial stock
▪ Participation in Audit, Stocktaking and assist Shared Services.
▪ Filing / management of records, archiving and storage requirements.
▪ Perform regular Stock take of RMA inventory as required.
▪ Compliance with Leica / Hexagon Mining Workplace Health and Safety policies and procedures,
▪ Other duties as required from time to time.
Critical Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
▪ Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (in particular, MS Word and Excel)
▪ Sound working knowledge of general inventory program applications
▪ Sound working knowledge of SAGE / SAP ERP purchase order module is desirable, although training will be available on Leica’s internal systems
▪ “Can do” attitude
▪ Willingness to go the extra mile for customers (internal and external)
▪ High level of personal drive and motivation
▪ High level of attention to detail
▪ Strong time management and prioritization skills
▪ Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
▪ Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment
▪ Ability to set day to day priorities within overall priority listing
▪ Strong problem solving, interpersonal and negotiation skills