The main responsibility of this position is to ensure that the Weylandts shopping experience is further enhanced by maintaining an organized, visually appealing and welcoming store environment.
Reporting to the Showroom manager, whilst getting direction from the Head office Visual Merchandising team on decorating and installations. Responsibilities include ensuring stock is correctly merchandised and implementing floor plans and displays.
• Consistently achieve the ongoing installation and dressing of the required merchandising plan within the prescribed time frame which will involve working with the basement team and will include some lifting, carrying etc
• Ensure that a high standard of housekeeping is maintained in store, working with store manager and other store employees. Doing floor walks 3 times a day.
• Merchandising monthly promotional settings according to the company’s design directives.
• Ensure a high standard of visual merchandising in line with the company’s vision and brand identity in the respective store.
• Ensure aggressive replenishment of homeware/ furniture. Constantly checking stock levels of homeware in cage and not on the shop floor to ensure items are urgently replaced
• Ensure required photos of shelving/settings are sent timeously and without exception to the merchandising department.
• Ensure ongoing maintaining/updating of the furniture display settings and homeware shelving/tables as per last floor/setting changes and/or directives from Head office. This requires regular communication with the Head Office VM team.
• Assist customers and maintain a professional approach, selling when required.
• Work as a member of the store team assisting colleagues whenever you have opportunity and available time to do so.
• Ordering the correct flowers and plants for the store(s) timeously, and within the set budget.
• Be involved in Homeware stock takes if required.
• Be aware of new product arrivals and lines to be discontinued and plan for this in advance with Head office. Maintain superior product knowledge.
• Assisting in receiving, unpacking and checking in of homeware when relevant basement team member not available or high stock volumes are received.
• Matric (ideally post Matric diploma in Interior decorating field)
• Minimum of 1 – 2 years’ experience in a similar role and environment/brand.
• Creative, good eye for furniture and homeware.
• Must be available to work retail hours including weekends and public holidays.
• Valid driver’s license and reliable transport essential.
Key Behavioural Competencies:
We are looking for a creative, positive, hands-on, can-do attitude, pro-active individual. The ideal candidate must take responsibility for their work, be a team player, be accurate and have excellent customer relation skills.
The ideal candidate must be able to work well under pressure, do floorwalks and other priorities on an ongoing basis, and be able to add value to the Weylandts shopping experience. They must be physically fit as this position requires lifting etc from time to time.