Lindsay Saker offers suitable candidates an Accredited Competency Based Modular Training (CBMT) Apprenticeship, which is a combination of on-the-job training (OJT) and related classroom instruction under the supervision of a Qualified Motor Vehicle Mechanic. Imperial Technical Training Academy (ITTA) provides the theoretical; classroom-based education, which is situated in Ext 4, 16 Dakota Cres, Airport Park, Johannesburg, 1401.
Specific Role Responsibilities
CBMT contract with merSETA and a learnership contract with Lindsay Saker Midrand will apply with all terms and conditions. MIBCO minimum wages apply for CBMT Apprentice Training program
• Levels 1 – 4: 4 yr. contract
• 5 days in 5 weeks training at ITTA.
• Distance learning program -CDX (this enhances apprentice training by exposure of interactive demonstrations and tutorials with quizzes and practical exercises delivered via the web at their place of work and at home in their study time.
• Computer based testing and examination.
• Practical competency testing
• Lindsay Saker Edenvale Service department on the job experience aligned to the level of competence achieved through the CBMT programme. Gather evidence to complete your portfolio of evidence as required by ITTA. o Working alongside an assigned technician in order to learn how to perform quality service maintenance and repairs to the original manufacturers’ description. Complete portfolio of evidence, o Inspect, maintain and repair vehicles whilst training with a qualified technician.
Qualifications and Experience
The applicant must have achieved the following qualifications to be considered:
• Matric (N2 with Mathematics, Engineering Science and English (50% are essential)
• Driver’s license
• Computer literacy
• The applicant will be required to take a mechanical insight test and pass sufficiently.
• The applicant will go through trough the standard background checks before being considered for the next step. The applicant will go through a medical assessment to establish fitness for work.
• Applicants that are successful will be placed through a Psychometric assessment and a face to face interview.
Skills and Personal Attributes