Closing Date 2023/01/30
Reference Number PRE230120-6
Purpose of the job:
• Complete theoretical courses through SAGMA whilst performing practical work in a milling environment.
• Work in designated areas as per SAGMA modules to gain practical experience which will assist in understanding the theoretical work.
• Learn all key competencies of each department for a full understanding of the milling supply chain.
• Under the guidance of the Production Manager / Head Miller the applicant must, after the duration of the training course, be able to operate a mill at designed capacity, with optimum extractions and produce finished products which are fit for human consumption and within product specification while maintaining the Premier standard in any task s/he performs.
• The Production Manager / Head Miller will be the key personnel to assist the applicant to link the theory with the practical for a better understanding.
• Pass each SAGMA module at the pass rate prescribed by management.
• Have good knowledge of the relevant department / area in the milling supply chain after the completion of each module.
• Be able to operate and perform key tasks in each department / area after the completion of each module.
• Perform any other tasks required by the Production Manager / Head Miller
Education: Grade 12 – Grade 12 (Not older than 24 Months)
• Mathematics (Not Math Literacy) 60% and above will be advantageous
• Physical Science 60% and above will be advantageous
• This apprenticeship will be a 3-year programme and in-service training experience.
• After successfully completing the trade test, the applicant will be regarded a qualified Wheat Miller.
Must be willing to work shifts, weekends, and public holidays.
Please note that it is company policy to promote from within wherever possible, hence internal applicants will be given priority. We recruit and appoint in line with our Employment Equity Goals and objectives.