Motus BMW has an opportunity available for a LEVEL 1 APPRENTICE (MOTOR MECHANIC). This is an amazing opportunity for someone who is keen to train and qualify as a Motor Mechanic. We require a suitable candidate to participate in all aspects of the Apprenticeship programme; assisting with the repair of vehicles while working under the supervision of a qualified Technician; fulfilling the MerSETA requirements of the trade, mastering level tests and qualifying within a maximum of 4 years.
Position Overview To participate in all aspects of the Apprenticeship programme; assisting with the repair of vehicles while working under the supervision of a qualified Technician; fulfilling the MerSETA requirements of the trade, mastering level tests and qualifying within a maximum of 4 years.
Specific Role Responsibilities
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Attend scheduled technical/ level training courses.
• To assist with the repair of vehicles in order to obtain practical experience under the supervision and instruction of a Technician.
• Prepare thoroughly for level tests in order to qualify within the maximum of 4 years.
• Assist with housekeeping; keeping tools and equipment clean and in good order, and work area clean.
• Follow workplace safety and conduct rules and protocols.
• Perform any other reasonable duties which may be required from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
• Must have Grade 12 with Pure Maths and Physical Science.
• Valid, unendorsed driver’s license
• Must have a clear criminal record
• Mechanical insight and technical skills and experience will be advantage.
Skills and Personal Attributes
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Competently able to operate manufacturer diagnostic equipment/ computer in order to access information.
• Physically fit for heavy work; able to physically complete the duties associated with the role.
• Enjoy working with your hands.
• Able to work in noisy environments.
• Have good eyesight and hand-eye coordination.
• Possess very strong problem solving/ trouble shooting and motor vehicle fault finding skills.
• Mental alertness
• Must have sound English communication and writing skills to accurately record findings and work conducted on job cards and access repair information in OEM bulletins and online systems.
• Meticulous and accurate
• A team player.
• Energetic and action orientated.