▪ This qualification will provide the learners with an excellent foundational knowledge of logistics and warehouse fundamentals coupled with an understanding of maintaining and enhancing the level and quality of service expected by customers. Learners will complete the National Certificate in Freight Handling NQF 3.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
▪ The learner will be exposed to
▪ An integrated practical and theoretical grounding in Freight Handling.
▪ The ability to work more effectively with others.
▪ The skills necessary to maintain and enhance the level of service and quality of service expected by customers.
▪ An awareness and understanding of key business principles that lead to transformation, transferability, economic growth and social development in the freight handling industry.
▪ Reading, writing and verbal communication within the distribution environment
▪ Rational and irrational numbers and number systems
▪ Receiving of stock into the warehouse
▪ Maintaining stock balances
▪ Safe delivery of stock to customers
▪ Legal requirement, organization policies and procedures for the transportation of goods
▪ Administrative functions related to stock receipt and delivery
▪ The packing of stock in appropriately selected areas
▪ Picking of stock
▪ The financial impact of stock on the business
▪ Picking, packing and movement of stock in order to minimize damages
▪ Stock flow through the DC/Warehouse
▪ The recording of stock movement on the stock management system
▪ Legislation regarding Occupational Health and Safety and applicable safety procedures in the workplace
▪ Maintaining of Internal and external housekeeping standards
▪ Maintaining of Customer service and satisfaction levels
▪ Attention to detail
▪ Ability to interact well in teams
▪ Ability to work effectively in teams
▪ Skills, Experience & Education
Qualifications / experience
▪ Grade 12 with Mathematics or Mathematics Literacy passed with 40%
▪ Two South African Languages passed with 40%
▪ Diploma / Degree advantageous
▪ Must not have previously completed the same qualification/learnership at another company or organization