Company Description -Join us as the Treasury Manager where you’ll manage the front office treasury team based in South Africa providing treasury business partnering services to Group companies and Business Units.
As a global organisation of more than 60,000 colleagues, our high performing teams work collaboratively, across borders and time zones, with an innovative approach to performance management that gives them joint responsibility and collective accountability. We celebrate diversity, respecting others, welcoming different points of view and appreciating the richness derived from different backgrounds, cultures and experiences. Here’s an exciting opportunity to join us.
We want to help our business to meet ambitious targets, so individuals joining us will be equipped with new skills and better tools to provide new insights and further drive business performance. We’re looking for talented people who share our values and who are keen to help us deliver dramatic change. If you have the relevant skills and experience in Treasury, we’d like to hear from you.
• Job Description -Oversee the daily deal execution performed by the Treasury Specialists across foreign exchange, money market and related instruments on behalf of the SA treasury company as well as BU’s.
• If required, perform deal execution on an ad-hoc / short term basis.
• Management of treasury risks in accordance with the Group Treasury Policy.
• Provide treasury services to BUs including advice and support on cash management, debt raising/management, financial guarantees, financial risk management and execution of relevant transactions in accordance with the Group Treasury Policy.
• Monitoring of short-term and long-term liquidity requirements of the SA treasury company and BU’s to ensure that liquidity requirements are met and support the Head of Treasury in the development of funding strategies where required.
• Coordinate and manage the negotiation of new internal and external debt facility agreements to meet the liquidity requirements of BUs and the SA treasury company.
• Provide treasury support on the management of acquisitions, disposals and other Corporate Finance activities.
• Establish and maintain positive relationships with banks to ensure best execution of financial transactions and ongoing financing support to the Group.
• Manage the provision and presentation of analysis to key stakeholders, company boards and committees in relation to liquidity, funding strategy and related topics.
• Support the Head of Treasury SA in the development of the front office team.
• Manage the Treasury front office to Treasury back office relationship.
• Qualifications -Degree level educated plus relevant commercial qualification e.g. Chartered Accountant, Chartered Financial Analyst or similar finance/business relevant qualification.
• Experience at a management level in a corporate treasury or relevant banking/financial services experience.
• Strong understanding of foreign exchange, credit, money markets and financial risk management.
• Demonstrated experience in delivering finance-related projects.
Additional Information -What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are
We aim to lead the industry by pursuing ever safer and more responsible ways of working, demonstrating integrity and showing care and respect for people and the planet. That means we are constantly seeking new opportunities to mine and process our products sustainably, using less water, less energy and more precise extraction technologies. As the custodians of coal and other precious natural resources – diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore and nickel – our extraordinary teams work safely and collaboratively, with the utmost consideration for local communities, our customers and the world at large.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
Rewards & Benefits
• Competitive salary and benefits package
• Amazing opportunities for learning and growth
• We’re a large, successful multinational company and there are plenty of opportunities to move onward and upwards too.
• Subsidised breakfast & lunch, coffee & office snacks
• Generous pension plans
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of the process
Advert closing date: 20 September 2022