Are you looking for a career in Retail? This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the largest supermarket chain store in South Africa and gain insight and understanding of store operations by working in various departments. This is a career path to become a store manager.
Duties and responsibilities
– Ensure that hygiene, housekeeping and safe working standards are maintained (floor and back-up)
– Ensure that security procedures are adhered to Ensure that merchandise/display standards are adhered to Conduct regular quality checks, ensure that stock is rotated.
– Damaged/expired stock is removed Prevent wastage/shrinkage/damages Check correct pricing e.g. labels Ensure that all administration is completed accurately and timeously Analyse, maintain and -update relevant information/documentation, take required action when necessary
– Plan and implement sales promotions
– Approach and advise customers on the product, listen to customers’ requests, provide the required product or services.
– Monitor budgets and take required action Analyse profitability of department, make recommendations or take required actions
– Optimise stock levels e.g. always in stock, never overstocked through effective ordering Manage employees to ensure standards are maintained by competent, motivated employees
– Sound Numeracy skills and knowledge of retail industry
– Retail experience
– Must be able to pass the Trainee Numeracy Screening test at the required level
– Must be successful in at least 2 competency based interviews
– Must be flexible and willing to be transferred between stores
– Must be willing to give authorization for a full credit and criminal check
– Must be Matriculated (attach certified copy to application) Must have a valid South African ID (attach copy to application)
– Must have a valid Driver’s license code 08 (attach certified copy of license
Closing date : 17 September 2021
Location : Eastern Cape