Purpose Of the Job
• To coordinate environmental projects, educate, train and enhance the Company’s reputation within the Community in relation to environmental performance.
• Ensure compliance to environmental legislation.
SAFETY, HEALTH, ENVIRONMENT AND QUALITY
• Identify and assess level of continuous risk exposures in area of responsibility by considering exposures to business, financial, legal issues, people, equipment, material, environment, processes, etc.
• Ensure SHEQ compliance within the Team through effective use of the Samancor Chrome systems.
• Consider the level of risk, apply mitigation and implement control measures for residual risk (set objectives, minimum requirements, etc.)
• Comply with SHEQ requirements (SHEQ Toolbox)
• Utilise the Integrated Management System (IMS) to initiate, investigate and report SHEQ status.
• Stay abreast with new/amended legislation on environmental matters.
• Evaluate and ensure compliance with Environmental Legislative and Authorisation requirements.
• Adhere to all related SHEQ systems and procedures.
• Adhere to all related SOP’s, PTO’s and CTO’s as per Training Matrix per position, SHEQ and company standards.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
• Relevant degree/diploma
• 2 Years’ Relevant Experience
• Knowledge on OHS Act, ISO Management Systems 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 45001
• Sound knowledge of environmental legislations
• Understanding of Environmental Management Systems
• Microsoft Office Programmes
Knowledge & understanding of:
• Environmental Acts & their applications
• Environmental Legislation as it impacts on management of risk.
• ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & ISO 45001
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
• Safety Awareness
• Managing Work
• Results Orientation
• Customer Focus
• Operational Problem Solving & Decision Making
• Work Standards
• Interpersonal Relationships
• Contributing to Team Success
• Business Understanding
• Adhering to Values
IN MAKING THE FINAL SELECTION, CONSIDERATION WILL BE GIVEN TO ACHIEVING THE SAMANCOR CHROME EMPLOYMENT EQUITY OBJECTIVES.