Servest is a world class business which is innovative and a leader in the Integrated Facilities Management Industry. The company offers an innovative environment that will accelerate your development and skills, as the highest value is placed on attracting top talent to the organisation.
Applications that meet the stated requirements are invited for a vacancy exists for dynamic and driven Technical Assistants to join a team based at the Head Office in Waterfall. This role reports directly to the Regional Operations Manager, in the Integrated Solutions Unit.
• Grade 12, High school diploma Advantageous
• Relevant technical certificate.
• Proficiency with basic computer programs including MS Office and database systems.
• Working knowledge of email systems, computer hardware, and peripherals.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to work under strict supervision.
• Ability to read and interpret technical data.
• Good time-management skills.
• Ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Assist in general building maintenance (plumbing, electrical & carpentry repairs).
• Ensure mechanical equipment is in working order and fixed as necessary.
• Assist with new installation and replacement floors, stairs and piping as needed.
• Repair and paint doors, windows, walls, ceilings, roofs and other parts of the building.
• Assist in maintaining and repairing air conditioning and heating systems as required.
• Ensure occupation, health & safety regulations are being adhered to when performing duties.
• Complete job cards using mobile device.
• Manage sub-contractors work and ensure scope of work is adhered to.
We are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally. It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible. Therefore, please be aware that internal candidates will be considered first before reviewing external applicants, provided that this supports achievement of our Employment Equity goals.