Reporting to the Data Analyst: Financial Risk Management, the successful incumbent is responsible for the monitoring and controlling the flow of cash in and out of the company to meet business and investment needs as well as the identification of potential risks to Fund cash flow.
Cash Flow Risk Management
▪ Ensure financial sustainability by providing realistic cashflow projections considering RAF’s liabilities.
▪ Conduct preliminary analysis of accounting and financial documents to inform decisions and identify risks to cash flow.
▪ Assess, control and analyse potential cash flow risks in several non-market related fields and how these may affect the Fund’s market.
▪ Stay fully informed on developments on the country’s economy as well as globally to inform risk management or mitigation strategies.
▪ Monitor processes to manage the organisation’s assets and credits.
▪ Support analysis of financial cash flow risk trends and construct guidelines thereon.
▪ Support design and implement strategies to manage cash flow risk.
▪ Provide support with the creation of cashflow ladders.
▪ Monitor drawdown on portfolios and usage thereof.
▪ Quality assure reconciled claims expenditure.
▪ Improve accuracy of cash flow forecasts.
▪ Monitor monthly cash flow variances
▪ Participate in the development the Cashflow Policy.
Development of Statistical Tools and Models
▪ Implement the use of various valuation techniques and tools, statistical models, and quantitative analysis in order to contribute towards the Fund’s success.
▪ Implement the use of new statistical tools and software to evaluate risk.
▪ Develop models and contingency plans to deal with potential threats.
▪ Contribute to the preparation and submission of Regulation reports.
▪ Aid in the development of functional reporting systems, for management, project or performance reporting.
▪ Report regularly and periodically perform necessary submissions as and when required to provide progress updates and/or inform management decisions.
▪ Report on Cashflow activities to line manager and oversight committees within required timeframes.
▪ Report on monthly cash flow variances.
▪ Aid in proactive and progressive relationships with key stakeholders.
▪ Deal with inquiries and requests for information from both internal and external stakeholders.
▪ Aid in the maintenance of relationships with vendors, service providers or procurement teams and ensure that all relevant procured items are invoiced and paid on time.
▪ Provide ongoing support and coaching for employees.
▪ Ensure that all employees have entered into performance contracts/agreements within the unit.
▪ Conduct periodic employee performance reviews and assessments.
▪ Develop budgets for the department.
Qualifications and Experience
▪ Bachelor’s Degree in Financial Management/ Investment Management/ Accounting/ Risk Management related qualification.
▪ Relevant 5 years’ experience in a financial management/ cash flow risk related environment of which 2 years must have been on a supervisory level in the operations management function.
Technical and behavioral competencies required
▪ Planning, organising and coordinating.
▪ Personal mastery.
▪ Judgement and decision making.
▪ Ethics and values.
▪ Client service orientation.
▪ Stakeholder management.
▪ Compliance and governance.
▪ Knowledge of risk management insurance /reinsurance principles and practices
▪ Knowledge of Portfolio risk management
▪ Knowledge of Revenue management
▪ Knowledge of cash flow
▪ Advanced understanding of risk modelling tools
▪ Understanding of statistical and finance market tools
▪ Excellent analytical skills
▪ Excellent computer literacy and communication skills
▪ Presentation skills
▪ Ability to work independently with less supervision.
Total cost to company applicable to this position is minimum R668 708.00 per annum, negotiable.
NB: “RAF offers Total Employment Cost packages with no additional contributions from
the Employer, successful candidates are required to structure their packages in a manner
that will suit their needs”.
▪The Road Accident Fund subscribes to the principles of employment equity and preference will be given to People with Disabilities.
▪Applicants who have not received any correspondence from us within six weeks from the closing date can consider themselves unsuccessful
▪ Security Vetting shall be conducted on all prospective employees
▪ It is the applicants’ responsibility to have foreign qualification evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA) and to provide proof of such evaluation.