DO YOU WANT TO BE A TEACHER?
JOIN THE ST PETER’S PREP SCHOOLS TEACHER INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME
An opportunity exists for exceptional TeachingIntern to join the school in January 2023.
If you have a passion for teaching young children and are looking to grow and learn within a dynamic and caring environment, then this is the opportunity for you.
The Intern Programme aims to produce effective, motivated, inspirational and professional teachers for South African schools. Successful interns will complete a 4-year B. Education degree and will receive daily hands-on experience in the classroom, guided by St Peter’s Prep teachers. Interns will also be exposed to alternative teaching environments through our Community Partnership Programme.
St Peter’s Prep School is located in Paulshof, Johannesburg.
– A valid National Senior Certificate with admission for degree purposes; APS score of 26 minimum (excluding Life Orientation)
– English as a Home Language = 5 (60%) or English as First Additional Language = 6 (70%)
– Maths = 3 (40%) or Maths Literacy = 5 (60%)
– Preferably under the age of 25
– Internship is for those starting first year of study in the B.Ed. Foundation Phase
To apply, please include the following
– Matric Certificate– with university exemption
– A cover letter explaining why you want to be a teacher
– A copy of your CV
– Applications for this position close on 1 January 2023
For any queries regarding the post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Duties and Responsibilities
– The programme seeks to contribute to nation-building and improving education in South Africa by producing graduates who will:
– Be effective Foundation Phase teachers
– Aspire to live Christian values
– Be competent in the application of the latest research-proven methodology
– Have the maturity to deal with the emotional demands of teaching
– Be imbued with collaborative, accountable, committed and professional attitudes; as well as a growth mindset.