An opportunity has presented itself to appoint a suitably qualified candidate into the position of Switchboard Operator.
Responsible for answering and transferring calls to relevant departments and staff
– Grade 12
– 0-1 Yrs Relevant Working Experience
– Computer literate
Duties And Responsibilities
– Log on the laboratory information system to attend to messages and queries left overnight according to set standard operating procedures.
– Log on the courier management program to check for any collections and determine whether the collections are urgent or routine.
– Handles telephone calls assisting clients with information and transferring calls to relevant departments.
– date list of telephone numbers for all depots
– Receives, sorts, and distributes internal mail including street address post.
– Handles hand deliveries for all departments and arranges for collection from the front desk
– Responsible for all telephone accounts for Pencardia.
– Compile monthly roster for day and night shift switchboard operators according to set standard operating procedures.
– Troubleshooting to find out reasons for visits, who the visitor is here to see and which department to contact for assistance.
– Scanning when requested by manager.
– Checking Oculus (scanned) images on system on a daily basis.
– Taking messages for staff not in the office.
– Keeping the message board up to date.
– Interpersonal skills
– Ability to use own initiative
– Planning and organising
– Stress management
– Telephone etiquette
Compensation is commensurate with qualification and experience level.
Location: Pencardia, PTA
Closing Date: 11 January 2022