We are looking for a suitably qualified person for the position of Storeroom Assistant to fill the existent position. The successful candidate will be accommodated in official accommodation inside the park.
– Grade 12
– Two years working experience in a storeroom
– Ability to assist with general repairs and maintenance to infrastructure.
– The incumbent must have knowledge of health and safety in the workplace and/ must have done a First Aid level course
– Physical good health.
– Good knowledge of tools, handling and aftercare.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Responsible for the safekeeping, issuing and returning of equipment used by the staff on the section.
– Issues the equipment to the general workers and the general worker supervisor on a daily basis.
– Ensures that all equipment is returned after the day's work
– Keeps record of equipment and cleaning material issued and returned.
– Ensures that all equipment in the store is clean and in working order.
– Ensures that equipment that is returned is clean.
– Ensures that equipment returned is still serviceable and in working order.
– Informs his supervisor of any equipment that needs repairs or replacement.
– Performs minor repairs to equipment to keep it in working order.
– Keeps the storeroom and surrounding area clean.
– Performs certain manual labour tasks as may be requested.
– Assists the general worker team in certain tasks, i.e. cleaning of facilities, gardens.
– Assists during emergency situations, i.e. veld firefighting.
– Reports directly to the general worker Team Leader
R 9 057
Location: Kruger National Park, Mpumalanga