- Established in 1950, Crofts Gears has a longstanding legacy of distributing quality products and continues to provide our customers with locally manufactured standard and bespoke gears, couplings, and chain.
- We are looking for an experienced Storeman to form part of the stores team whose responsibility it is to ensure the optimal functioning of warehousing and distribution of the parts, equipment, materials and supplies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily receiving of all goods from suppliers, sub-contractors and factory floor
- Kitting and issuing goods and materials
- Picking of items from stores as per invoicing and manufacturing order demand on ERP System.
- Invoicing items and having them ready for delivery or collection
- Packing of goods and preparing all delivery documentation
- Co-ordinating and planning of deliveries
- Ensuring that stock locations on ERP System agree with the physical location of the stock in the stores
- Performing weekly cycle counts on a rotational basis to cover all items in the stores every three months
- Taking active part of yearly stock counts
- Practise good housekeeping, numbering and storage principles to ensure clean and orderly stores
- Achieve minimum targets as set by supervisor and management.
- Training and teaching others.
- Full compliance with the companies and customers Health and Safety policies
- Constantly promote and maintain awareness and compliance of environmental, health and safety in accordance with best practice and legal requirements
- Constantly promote high standards of quality and environmental awareness to assist the company to maintain and improve on the ISO9001 commitments.
- Comply with job quality requirements as determined by the company to ensure minimum product quality standards are upheld
- Practice good housekeeping principles to ensure clean and orderly work area
- Responsible for recording of labour hours with time system accurately
- Other ad-hoc responsibilities as determined by supervisor/ management
- Must have prior work experience minimum 2 years as a storeman
- Must have experience working on an ERP system
- Must be medically fit to work within an environment with heavy steel products
- Should have a valid forklift licenses
- Must have minimum matric qualification, preferably a post matric qualification in supply chain