Through our client-facing brands Metropolitan and Momentum, withMultiply (wellness and rewards programme), and our other specialist brands, including Guardrisk and Eris Property Group, the group enables business and people from all walks of life to achieve their financial goals and life aspirations. We help people grow their savings, protect what matters to them and invest for the future. Wehelp companies and organisations care for and reward their employees and members. Through our own network of advisers orvia independent brokers and utilising new platforms MomentumMetropolitan provides practical financial solutions for people,communities and businesses. Visit us at www.momentummetropolitan.co.za.
Design the comprehensive architecture for solutions that support business deliver on key projects and strategic objectives.
• 8-10 years of IT solution delivery ideally in a diverse set of roles
• Degree in IT
• Exposure to Agile Development environment, system development and implementation of large object orientated solutions in Java based platforms
• Experience in the Insurance industry with good general knowledge of underlying IT architectures and technologies
Duties & Responsibilities
• Work with Enterprise Architecture (EA) to develop a road map of the evolution of the enterprise business, application, information and technology portfolio from current to future state (as defined by the Enterprise Solutions Architecture).
• Analyse business requirements to determine viable options for solution design and ensure implementation addresses key issues, business strategic objectives and end to end solution design.
• Define and communicate high level business and solution architecture requirements to inform business cases.
• Design high-level comprehensive technical solutions that support the business value chain and align to the overall enterprise architecture.
• Ensure that the business requirements are reflected in the design and that the appropriate business and technical services are reflected in the overall architecture
• Design and document the necessary models, mechanisms and technical requirements that will best communicate the overall solution and how it will address the business requirement.
• Drive the implementation and governance of standards for the design, implementation and functioning of various solutions across the value chain.
• Manage the overall design, implementation and functioning of solutions in line with business requirements.
• Coordinate various teams to ensure holistic and integrated solution design and delivery.
• Operate across the technical levels within the enterprise architecture as well as the value chain in order to develop holistic and integrate solutions.
• Contribute to the analysis and development through facilitating and engaging in collaborative analysis sessions, ensuring integration throughout all affected systems and taking a technical design role.
• Collaborate with various teams to conduct Solution Architect reviews for a broad set of projects.
• Review and provide input into functional and non-functional requirements in line with the overall architecture.
• Provide requirements to Enterprise Architects that drive strategic direction for business application, information and technology architecture
• Partner with Enterprise Architects for specific sub-domains in support of solution definition and development
• Thought leadership on new technology trends
• Provide authoritative, expertise and advice to clients and stakeholders
• Build and maintain relationships with clients and internal and external stakeholders
• Deliver on service level agreements made with internal and external stakeholders and clients
• Make recommendations to improvement client service within area of responsibility
• Participate and contribute to a culture which build rewarding relationships, facilitates feedback and provides exceptional client service
• Continuously develop own expertise in terms of industry and subject matter development and application thereof in an area of specialisation.
• Develop and maintain productive and collaborative working relationships with peers and stakeholders
• Positively influence and participate in change initiatives
• Continuously develop own expertise in terms of professional, industry and legislation knowledge
• Contribute to continuous innovation through the development, sharing and implementation of new ideas
• Take ownership for driving career development
• Function as a liaison to Business and IT partners in order to gain a broad understanding of industry trends and innovations, and their impact on technology
• Identify opportunities to enhance cost-effectiveness and increase operational efficiency
• Provide input into the risk identification processes and communicate recommendations in the appropriate forum.
• Business Acumen
• Impact and Influence
• Client/ Stakeholder Commitment
• Diversity and Inclusiveness
• Drive for results
• Leads Change and Innovation
We are committed to Employment Equity, diversity and inclusion when recruiting internally and externally. All appointments are made in alignment to our Employment Equity goals and we encourage people with disabilities to apply.