Perform site assessments to determine the best locations for solar panel placement and equipment installation including leading a team of technicians and other initiatives for the company.
– Qualified electrician with relevant certification and licenses.
– Proven experience in installing and wiring inverters, batteries, and solar panels.
– Strong understanding of electrical systems, wiring, and relevant safety regulations.
– Attention to detail and a commitment to delivering neat and high-quality installations.
– Ability to work independently and efficiently while maintaining strict deadlines.
– Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot electrical issues effectively.
– Good communication skills and the ability to explain technical concepts to customers.
– Valid driver’s license and willingness to travel to different installation sites.
• Understanding of electrical principles, circuits, wiring, and components is essential for safely and effectively installing solar panels, inverters, and batteries.
• Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Systems: Familiarity with solar PV systems, including knowledge of solar panel types, configurations, mounting options, and electrical characteristics.
• Inverter Installation: Proficiency in installing and configuring inverters, which includes connecting DC and AC wiring, setting up monitoring systems, and ensuring proper grounding.
• Battery Systems: Knowledge of battery technologies commonly used in solar systems, such as lead-acid and lithium-ion batteries, including installation, wiring, and safety considerations.
• Electrical Wiring and Connections: Skill in safely handling and connecting electrical wires, terminals, and junction boxes, while ensuring compliance with relevant wiring regulations and standards.
• Safety Standards: Thorough understanding of safety protocols, including personal protective equipment (PPE), working at heights, lockout/tagout procedures, and safe handling of electrical equipment.
• Aesthetic Considerations: Ability to install solar panels in a visually appealing and structurally sound manner, taking into account roof orientation, panel alignment, and minimizing visible wiring and conduits.
• Compliance with Regulations: Familiarity with local and national electrical codes, building.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Install, wire, and connect inverters, batteries, and solar panels according to industry standards and manufacturer specifications.
• Ensure that all installations comply with aesthetic, electrical safety, and legislative requirements.
• Conduct thorough quality checks to ensure the system is functioning optimally and efficiently.
• Issue certificates of compliance to validate that installations meet all necessary standards and regulations.
• Troubleshoot and resolve any electrical or technical issues that may arise during installations.
• Maintain accurate documentation and records of installations, inspections, and certificates issued.