- The purpose of this Shop Assistant role is to deliver exceptional customer shopping experience through stock replenishment, merchandising, housekeeping and efficient processing of transactions at till points. If you are self-motivated, passionate about performance and have the high energy level required for this fast-paced, exciting and dynamic retail environment, consider this to be an opportunity to invest and grow your career.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide excellent customer service to give customer a great shopping experience – Assist shoppers to find the goods and products that they are looking for – Attend to customer queries / complaints
- Cashier duties – Process cash and card payments – Process Lay Bys – Process customer refunds – Reporting discrepancies and problems to the supervisor – Till balancing
- Merchandising – Ensure that stock is correctly priced and displayed – Ensure product availability of the sales floor – Housekeeping – Keeping up to date with promotions
- Risk – Ensure that products are tagged in line with the company policy – Participating in stock takes – Be on the lookout for shoplifters and fraudulent activities and report any suspicious behaviour to Management
- Consistently live the Ackermans values & policies and procedures
- Grade 12 or equivalent