Sewerage Operator (P13)
We are hiring!
At Sappi, we are a leading global provider with a reputation for delivering high-quality sustainable Woodfibre products and solutions for the global markets. We lead through our values centred around integrity, courage, making smart decisions which we execute with speed. We are seeking unique people who believe in fostering a diverse and inclusive environment.
We’re on the lookout for an experienced Sewerage Operator to be responsible and accountable for the treatment of sewage (incl. screening, oxidation, clarification and disinfecting) for release into the Elands river.
As a Sewerage Operator , you will be responsible for:
• Clean sewerage screens every two hours with a shovel
• Carry out sludge test every hour using a measuring cylinder
• Test and adjust chlorine residual every hour
• De-sludge plants as necessary (usually once a day)
• Clean drying beds continuously
• Change chlorine cylinders when empty, control chlorine dosage to desired residual using comparator hourly.
• Control sludge recycling continuously
• Adjust aeration as necessary
• Record performance of all equipment and takes corrective action
• Visit transfer pump stations every eight hours and report deviations
• Clean plant and equipment daily
• Monitor quality of incoming effluent for possible toxic substances continuously and take corrective action
• Carry out isolations and issue clearances
What are we looking for?
• N3 Pulp and Paper or Matric with Maths and Physical Science
• 6 months plant experience
What’s in it for you?
• Opportunity to work within a global organisation that continues to thrive in a rapidly changing world even after 80 years of existence
• learning and development programmes to fast-track your career within Sappi
• Opportunities to travel (dependent on the role)
• Market-leading leave benefits
• Employee wellbeing benefits
Closing Date: 06 February 2023
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issues while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. At Sappi, we encourage and support vaccination.