Dis-Chem Pharmacies – Medicare has a an opportunity for a security guard to Render a security service in terms of the Private Security Industry Regulations Act 56 of 2001 as amended for the Dis-Chem Group that meets Dis-Chem’ security requirements to protect assets, property and staff by creating a safe and secure environment, through identifying signs of criminal activities or disorder and investigating disturbances while adhering to legislation relevant to the industry and best practice.
▪ Grade 12 – Matric or a Senior Certificate
▪ Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate
▪ Grade C accreditation with the PSIRA
▪ A general minimum exposure of at least 3 years in the retail industry, such as shopping malls and warehouses
▪ At least 1 year specific previous experience in a similar role
▪ Be vigilant and alert of surroundings to identify suspicious activities and apprehend criminals or remove violators according to the legal authority invested in the industry and Dis-Chem standard operating procedures for the specific post through.
▪ Random patrols of the premises on regularly basis to ensure optimal visibility and reduce risks.
▪ Monitor and control access to the premises by documenting and regulating entrance into the site by vehicles or pedestrian’s access points to allow entry only to individuals with the correct authorization.
▪ Investigate and report signs of damage or unlawful entry as it occurs to management and act accordingly in the best interest of protecting Dis-Chem assets.
▪ Be clearly visible as far as reasonably possible as deterrent to discourage criminal activities, prevent theft, – damage, – personal injury, and other dishonourable acts.
▪ Be professionally courteous and friendly, approachable, and willing to help others when receiving guests, customers and employees.
▪ Access control – searching of staff, suppliers and company merchandisers.
▪ Maintain and complete all registers and occurrence books.
▪ Cancel staff purchasers and goods declared.
▪ Supervise and check refuse removal according to Dis-Chem standards
▪ Protect the property and assets of the business from all dishonest persons, action or any acts of malicious behaviour that could result in the company suffering loss.
▪ Be present at your post at all times when on duty.
▪ Practice good customer service relations for all Dis-Chem internal and external customers.
▪ Report any unusual or suspicious behaviour by staff, customer or suppliers.
▪ Opening and closing procedures-to be present observant and vigilant at the opening and closing of the site.
▪ Ensure that all doors and windows are locked at the end each day.
▪ Ensure that all water taps turned off when applicable.
▪ Do continuous personnel frisking and searches on a daily basis.
▪ Do thorough and proper vehicle searches throughout the day.
▪ Report any suspicious incidents verbally to management in detail with the submission of a written detailed report as soon as conveniently possible.
▪ Contact policing and emergency authorities and make written or verbal reports to law enforcement officers when needed as legally required and in accordance of Dis-Chem procedures.
▪ When problem situations or crisis arise or have been dealt with to maintain observing surroundings and report to management on findings and or changes in identified that intensify the situation.