Dis-Chem Pharmacies’ Boksburg Store has an opportunity available for a Salon Operator to join the team. The main purpose of this role will be to assist Dis-Chem hair stylists with their duties and learn how to provide Dis-Chem hairdressing services to our valued clientele.
▪ Grade 12 / Matric
▪ Greet and attend to clients walking into the salon and communicate with clients via email and telephone, when needed.
▪ Ensure clients that are waiting are happy and comfortable by giving them a magazine and/ or refreshments.
▪ Give clients advice and product information about the hair care products the salon has on offer.
▪ Assist clients with a gown, shampooing, rinsing and conditioning of their hair prior to their haircut.
▪ Assist stylist during the service being provided, this includes all the services the salon has on offer.
▪ Assist in scheduling client bookings and keeping client records up to date.
▪ Ensure the salon is clean, hygienic and tidy throughout the day.
▪ Ensure that hair that has been cut of is swept away.
▪ Take all cups/ glasses to the kitchen after the client is done with the refreshments.
▪ Ensure all used salon towels gets washed and put away neatly.
▪ Sanitise tools and equipment according to Dis-Chem policies and procedures.
▪ Maintain a high level of personal hygiene and personal appearance.
▪ Housekeeping must be in accordance to Dis-Chem standards. Make sure that your work station is always clean and tidy.
▪ Adhere to Dis-Chem Policies and Standard Operating Procedures.
▪ Adhere to Health and Safety rules and regulations.
▪ Adhere to the Dis-Chem uniform and personal appearance policy.
▪ English – Read, write, speak and understand.
▪ Have the ability to assess the needs of the client. Be patient and pay attention to detail. Be able to understand client’s needs. Trustworthy and honest
▪ Be able to analyse hair and skin type and accurate mixing of hair colour, dye and other chemicals
▪ Adhere to working hours and shift roster. Consistently and accurately clock in and out before and after a shift. Ensure timeous attendance at working station. Meet quality service standards.