- Bearings International is a member of the Hudaco Group and is a Leading distributor of Bearings and Power Transmission products in Southern Africa.
- We are looking for a well presented, motivated individual to join our dynamic team as a External Sales Representative to be responsible for offering the best possible customer experience
- providing a vast product offering with technical expertise.
- Responsible for external sales in a specific area.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to interact effectively with customers (especially to influence negotiations) and to develop co-operative relationship with all relevant internal and external stakeholders
- An emotionally resilient individual with well-developed conflict handling skills in order to withstand pressure of work and to interact with sensitivity in conflict situations
- Basic metrology (use of a vernier-calliper, reading of technical drawing and basic measurement of components, understanding and application of conversion charts)
- Basic understanding of finance
- Understanding of marketing and strategy formulization
- Proven ability to meet and exceed sales targets
- Always willing to help others and work well in a team
- Self starter and able to work independently
- Attention to detail
- Good timekeeping and Day/Weekly planning
- Meeting sales targets and understanding building of sales pipeline (Sales and persuasion skills)
- Collaborate with colleagues to exchange information, such as selling strategies or marketing information.
- Must ensure sales targets are achieved as specified by branch/regional sales manager.
- Travel in the sales territory to meet prospect and customers
- Expanding the full product offering to current customers
- Negotiasting new contracts with customers
- Applicant should have Grade 12 or have the equivalent of National Certificate NQF Level 4
- Must have a strong background in product knowledge – bearings, power transmission and allied products industry
- 3-5 years or more industry related sales experience
- Must have a valid driver’s license and own reliable vehicle and cell phone as per companies guidelines
- Skilled in oral and written communication. Basic arithmetic skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide, ratios and percentages) in order to draw up quotations
- Computer skills in order to optimize the efficiency of processes within the unit. Experience on Sage or similar ERP system would be an advantage
- Previous experience with CRM will be an advantage