- The purpose of this role is too Inspire people to live active lives and to ensure that the individual and club sales goal is achieved on a monthly basis by promoting and marketing Virgin Active as the preferred choice in the fitness industry.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To at all times do your bit towards achieving our Vision of being The World’s Most Loved Exercise Brand; to live and role-model our Values of Insatiable Curiosity, Delightfully Surprising, Heartfelt Service, Red Hot, Smart Disruption and Straight Up; and to bring to life our People Promise of Be Yourself and Go Together, Work Hard and Dream Big
- Plan each day and month in advance, in order to generate new leads, book new appointments, and present to customers with the objective of making sales to successfully reach and exceed a pre-defined sales target.
- Record activity inputs using the tools and systems provided by Virgin Active, in line with timelines and procedures set.
- Abide by the Virgin Active sales processes and systems provided by Virgin Active.
- To maintain up to date, comprehensive knowledge and understanding of VASA products, as well as in comparison to competitors.
- To expand the customer base and strengthen the loyalty of existing customers through service calls to increase sales referrals, and ongoing development of networks and relationships.
- To understand prospective members’ individual interests and requirements, building rapport and matching their interest and needs with our product.
- Close sales by overcoming objections with the support of the Sales Manager and/or Regional Sales Coach.
- Report to the Sales Manager regarding reviews, and analyse objectives and planned activities.
- To review and analyse sales data and statistics, to plan effectively for the future with the aim to increase sales and enhance our brand image.
- Participate in sales meetings by sharing best practice, ideas and making recommendations to generate new leads, increase sales, etc.
- Inform the local consumer of Virgin Active through activating unique marketing opportunities local to your club E.g. Attend, arrange, prepare, promotions, health days and corporate / community events as well as in-club events as a Virgin Active brand ambassador
- Successful monthly club membership sales in line with or exceeding monthly budget set.
- Maintain minimum volume criteria on inputs in terms of contacts, setting appointments and sales presentations, to ensure successful achievement of goals.
- Maintain an acceptable performance ratio on these inputs (CA 25%, Show 60% and Close 70%) to ensure successful achievement of sales goals.
- Represent Virgin Active in line with its processes, policies, brand standards and values.
- Complete all administrative processes and procedures as required by the company, timeously.
Desired Experience & Qualification
We’d like you to have…
- Relevant marketing and promotions experience
- Presentation skills with the ability to influence credibly at all levels up to senior stakeholders
- Experience of working within the digital space
- Ability to build authentic relationships
- Ability to work remotely with a good work ethic
- The ability to maintain and expand the customer base through referrals and ex-members
- High level of values, integrity and ethics in order to ensure quality member service.
- Matric qualification essential.
- Relevant tertiary qualification preferred (Sales and/ or Marketing qualification).
- A minimum of two years’ experience within the sales industry.
- Promotion and sales skills to sell the Virgin Active product and service effectively.