Location Midrand, Johannesburg, ZA
Job ID JR-032478
We are looking for an Account Manager to sell products from our Analytical portfolio in a manner that positively reflects the company image. The account manager will achieve sales growth, market share gain, and erosion targets in assigned accounts across the territory.
Ideally based in Johannesburg / Pretoria the Account Manager will cover Mpumalanga, Southern Gauteng and Northern Cape.
The products are focused around all Analytical lines, including Inorganic, Materials Characterisation and Chromatography.
Full, ongoing, sales and technical training will be given so we are open to applications from proven sales professionals as well as scientists with experience on these techniques.
• Actively scout for and be involved in Lead generation activities to identify new accounts and product opportunities.
• Develop and facilitate product demonstrations for the identified prospects/instruments (where applicable).
• Identify customer needs and trends and always present PerkinElmer product and support services to customers appropriately and effectively.
• Responsible for ensuring the territory prospect pipeline is populated with a balance of short-, mid- and long-term prospects sufficient for the continuous attainment of territory year targets
• Actively sell the increased value of PerkinElmer products and services and always negotiate the best price thus minimizing price erosion.
• Maintain technical selling capability to function in a consultative role for the customer.
Develop and own penetration plans in his / her Accounts.
• Maintain an effective time and territory management plan; Always able to professionally present on the current status of the territory, account planning and its business growth potentials.
• Maintain accurate customer and prospect information utilizing approved information and database tools and technologies (salesforce.com). Provide and maintain account mapping on all accounts considered key to PerkinElmer success.
Cultivate partnerships with customers and other suppliers to solve customer problems.
• Own the customer experience in his/her accounts to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Facilitate solving customer problems by assuring cross functional coordination.
• Build a long term strong relationship with the Accounts to protect against competitive threats.
• Participation in tradeshow/exhibitions
• Must be Professional and Ethical with high Integrity.
• Proactive mindset with strong sense of responsibility and ownership. He/she is results oriented and able to operate effectively in a multicultural global workplace.
• Ability to analyse and solve complex problems. Capable of influence and motivating others.
• Capable to operate independently and as part of a team
• He/ She has excellent leadership and motivational skills, is team orientated and highly communicative.
Education & Experience required:
• University degree within Analytical Chemistry or biology is required.
• 3 to 5 years of experience in Laboratory equipment sales.
• Preference will be given to candidates from designated groups
• Self-starter with a high degree of independence.
• Experience in project management, excellent planning and organizational skills and good problem-solving abilities.
• Willingness to travel is essential.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• English both written and spoken