- Job Description
The purpose of this position is to provide clerical and administrative support to ensure that an effective and efficient administrative service is provided.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare metal surfaces for rubber/ceramic lining, which may include sandblasting and grinding.
- Routinely work with and apply cured and pre-cured rubber and or ceramic liners.
- Line interiors of tanks, valves, pipes and other surfaces with rubber/ceramic sheeting to prevent corrosion of vessel and to minimize contamination, shock, ignition or explosion hazards to contents.
- Mechanical aptitude – competence in the use of grinders, buffers and rubber working tools and equipment.
- May test lining for holes and faulty seams, using device that creates spark on contact with metal vessel through apertures in rubber.
- Promote safety by working safely and adhering to company safety guidelines, which includes but is not limited to the proper use and safe handling of tools, equipment and materials and use of personal protective gear.
- Know, understand and capable of utilizing emergency response protocol during an accident.
- Be willing and able to work a variety of schedules; day and evenings, weekend, and holiday, and also be willing to travel and work out of town on an as needed basis.
- Must be able to multi-task, meet deadlines and work in a team environment.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing, in a clear, effective and professional manner.
- Document job-site work as required; materials, labor and other costs used on jobs.
- Work independently with little supervision
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Rubber lining and ceramic tiler training with certification will be advantageous
- Valid driver’s Licence is advantageous
- 2-3 years’ lining on site experience in mining environment
- Experience in rubber/ceramic lining, rubber wear and abrasion
- Knowledge of products
- Beginner / Intermediate computer skills, proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook, preferred
- Demonstrated working knowledge of both OSHA and MSHA safety standards, training, and compliance issues.
- Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing and equipment (face-shield, gloves etc.)
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Travel required