Perform assigned pre/post grading production processes required to complete the production workflow.
▪ Perform any of the following or other duties as assigned to meet quality and production goals
▪ Prepare Reports for clients after requested services have been completed (e.g. folding, enclosing reports in sleeves, proofreading, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
▪ Basic knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
▪ Ability to learn and understand GIA proprietary systems (Spectrum, Searchlight, etc.)
▪ Ability to learn and understand key GIA people and their roles in production functions
▪ Ability to learn, understand and follow functional department Standard Operating Procedures
▪ Familiarity with Lab production workflows
▪ Basic understanding of GIA policies and procedures
▪ Basic problem-solving skills: Understand when there is a problem and escalate as required; follow procedures to solve routine and often repetitive issues
▪ Sound communication skills in reading, writing and speaking clearly and ability to read and comprehend English (Spectrum, training in English)
▪ Ability to communicate professionally (communicates respectfully, listen, articulate/explain issues, use professional tone, know when to email vs call, etc.)
▪ Detail oriented / Ability to focus and complete tasks assigned in a timely manner
▪ Ability to learn and use production equipment to perform the job assigned (tweezers, scales, stone-holder, microscope, etc.) and basic office equipment
▪ Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
▪ Interpersonal skills: Ability to create positive interactions with colleagues; actively communicate with others in a timely & professional manner; maintain good working relationship with others and peers
▪ Supervision / Autonomy / Authority:
▪ Work under general supervision with instructions on day-to-day tasks Work under direct supervision with limited instruction on routine tasks. Follow specific instruction when learning new tasks.
Education / Training / Experience Requirements:
▪ Matric (Grade 12) plus at least 2 years of production related experience required.