A career in Administration and Secretarial Services, within Internal Firm Services, will give you with the opportunity to provide administrative support to PwC employees. You’ll focus on using business software applications to prepare reports, receiving and directing incoming calls or emails to the appropriate parties, arranging business travel, tracking expenses, and coordinating meeting arrangements.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC. Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies, and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
At the Administrative level, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution.
PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to
– Conduct self in a professional manner and take responsibility for work and commitments.
– Flex approach to meet the changing needs of teams and clients.
– Identify and make suggestions for improvements when problems and/or opportunities arise.
– Learn about business needs are changing and consider the impact on services provided.
– Take action to stay current with new and evolving technology.
– Handle, manipulate and analyse data and information responsibly.
– Communicate with empathy and adapt communication style to meet the needs of the situation and audience.
– Anticipate the needs of others and take appropriate action.
– Embrace different points of view and welcome opposing and conflicting ideas.
– Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Welcoming of clients/visitors and immediately notifying appropriate host.
– Communicate instruction regarding specific arrangements to all receptionist members.
– Advising and ensuring the access experience for all visitors are of a high standard.
– Facilitate all visitors parking and access requests.
– Issue stickers to all other visitors.
– Early arrivals to be shown to the Business Lounge where the concierge will host them until their meeting time.
– Familiarize yourself with the building and BU layouts to efficiently assist with queries from walk in clients.
– Clients always assisted and never left to wait for long
– Clients welcomed with a smile.
– Update visitor on host arrival
– Make photocopies for clients/visitors on request
– Direct clients to correct reception or waiting areas
– Know who the Partners are and where they sit.
– Be familiar with where BU’s are located.
– Monitor and manage the general aesthetic appearance of the Reception area.
– Maintain a clean desk policy to be adhered to as it is a public space.
– Report all maintenance or irregularities to management team.
Skills And Experience
– Telephone etiquette
– Computer literate
– Excellent interpersonal skills.
– Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
– Excellent listening skills.
– Excellent time management skills
– Good in creating team spirit, e.g. leading by example.
– Gaining willing cooperation, e.g. by emphasizing the importance of reaching a work objective.
– Encouraging cooperation between team members.
– Strong ethics.
– Very professional and neat appearance.
– Confidant in speaking to staff and visitors.
– Grade 12/Matric
– 3-5 years’ experience in similar environment
Closing Date: 22 November 2021
Location: Cape Town, Western Cape