Varsity College is an educational brand of The Independent Institute of Education (The IIE). The IIE enjoys the reputation of being at the forefront of private higher education in South Africa and is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) to provide higher education qualifications accredited by the Council on Higher Education (CHE)
Duties and Responsibilities:
Campus reception and Switchboard duties
- Create an organised front office environment system (orderly systems, clean, professional and neat).
- Receives and welcomes prospective and current students, parents and guests by greeting and directing them appropriately.
- Builds relationships with students and parents through professional interaction.
- Operates the switchboard by receiving and directing calls promptly , professionally and efficiently and gathers the relevant information(i.e. reason for the call) from the caller to ensure that calls are directed to the appropriate staff member.
- Takes detailed messages when staff members are not available and delivers these messages timeously to the appropriate individuals.
- Deals with queries from students and directs them to the correct departments.
- Assists with intercom instructions.
- Organises the flyers and fact sheets at Reception in a neat and orderly manner and support the Marketing Assistant/s in ensuring that the waiting area and interview rooms are neat and tidy.
General Administrative Support Ad Hoc Duties
- Provides administrative support to various departments as and when required.
- Responsible for preparing, tracking and receiving of campus courier parcels, post and deliveries and notifying the relevant staff member/s promptly regarding collection or delivery updates.
- Receives deliveries for the National office (campus specific) and campus staff and ensures that they are collected or handed to the appropriate individual timeously.
- Supports the Marketing Assistant/s in booking appointments for the Full Time Student Recruitment team and assists with managing their dairies accordingly if required (campus specific).
- Assists with campus events and any ad hoc campus duties as and when required.
- Advanced communication- verbal
- Time management
- Problem solving
- Decision making
- Ability to multitask
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Minimum of a Matric
Minimum Work Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 1-2 years Reception experience