Reporting to the Assistant Building Foreperson the successful candidate will carry out day to day maintenance of carpentry work
at civil dwellings and in addition manufacture and construct wooden products so as to ensure that all plant and facilities
are kept presentable, safe and reliable as required by Rand Water.
– Grade 12 or equivalent coupled with a recognized trade test as a Carpenter.
– A valid Code EB Driver‘s license and the ability to pass Rand Water’s K53 test.
– Completion of a Supervisory leadership programme will serve as an added advantage.
– Good housekeeping
Duties and responsibilities
– Perform daily/weekly/monthly/annual carpentry maintenance tasks for the site.
– Maintain work standards and ensuring legal and safety compliance.
– Partake and give inputs in risk assessments, procedures and work instructions as and when required
– Plan daily tasks so as to ensure that all material, tools, assistants, transport and equipment are available for executing tasks.
– Provide on the job training to existing/new staff as and when required.
– Sourcing of material, completion of schedules, work instructions and job cards.
– Reporting of substandard work, materials or equipment and provide feedback to the supervisor.
– Carpentry knowledge and techniques
– Application of OHS Act
– ISO9001, ISO14001 and OHSAS 18001
– Good communication skills (Verbal and written)
– Good interpersonal skills
– Self motivated
– Team player
– Positive attitude
– Safety conscious
– Customer focused
– Performance driven
Closing Date: 21 August 2021
Location: Vereeniging, Gauteng
How to apply
Please click here to apply