Job Title: Radiation Protection Officer Learnership 2022-2023
Apply for the Necsa Radiation Protection Officer Learnership.
• Execution of radiation protection duties under direct supervision.
• Job safety evaluation in order to identify, assess, control and protect personnel against radiological hazards.
• Monitoring of personnel exposure to radiation.
• Monitoring of the workplace radiological risk.
• Completely and accurate maintain record of radiation results from workplace and personnel monitoring, and timeously be reported to the RPO.
• Provides radiation protection support during emergencies.
• Invigilate and monitor radiation protection related activities in the facility.
• Preparation of radiation protection work permits for radiation protection related activities in the facility.
• Prescription of appropriate personal protective equipment, and ensure they are correctly used.
• Assist and take initiatives to promote safety culture in the facility.
• Grade 12 or equivalent.
• Radiation Protection Officer level 2 certificate.
• Applied SHE principles will be an added advantage.
• Generic radiation protection experience.
Skills and Competencies
• Computer literate
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Professional and technical skills
• Computer literacy
• Effective communication
• Technical writing