The role is responsible for ensuring the protection of the company’s employees, visitors, and associated property. Protection Officers are tasked with patrolling a designated area, responding to security threats, and instituting a security presence.
▪ Manage access of people and vehicles.
▪ Ensure that visitors sign in upon arrival and exit in addition to conducting bag searches at the end of shifts.
▪ Assist with effective contractors’ supervision
▪ Secure premises and personnel by patrolling property; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points.
▪ Prevent losses and damage by reporting irregularities or any suspicious activities to the Senior Protection Officer.
▪ Ensure quick response to alarms and react in a timely manner.
▪ Complete reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses; obtaining signatures.
▪ Maintain environment by monitoring and setting building and equipment controls.
▪ Contact the relevant authorities if a crime is committed or an accident occurs.
▪ Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
▪ Effectively manage own development
▪ Matric / Grade 12 or equivalent (NQF level 4)
▪ National Advanced Certificate/ Equivalent (2 years)
▪ Registered with the Private Security Industry Regulatory Authority (PSIRA) – Minimum Grade B
▪ Valid Firearm competency certificate
▪ Minimum 3 years of uninterrupted service within Protection Services / Security or similar role
▪ In-depth experience as a Security Officer
▪ Skilled in CCTV surveillance systems and or Security Control Room
▪ Knowledge of Security systems and processes
▪ Basic knowledge of relevant legislation including Criminal Procedures Act, Statute Law, Security Officers Act, Law of Evidence, Mine Health and Safety Act & Labour Law
▪ Be prepared to undergo Behavioural Assessment and Firearm Competency Assessment
▪ Report writing skills
▪ In possession of a valid driver’s license
▪ In possession of a Certificate of Fitness or be able to obtain it