Main purpose of the job:
• To manage and support strategic, operational, grant management, financial and administrative functions within RHAP, so that the unit is supported to deliver on its core objectives sustainably and in line with the organizational strategy
• To oversee a portfolio of programs and initiatives and evaluate their effectiveness and work to grow and sustain RHAP initiatives and programs
Rosebank – Johannesburg
Key performance areas:
• Provide program coordination, integration, and efficient delivery of all RHAP programs and activities, including contracts & payments; work plans; training and technical assistance; and evaluation
• Support program staff with strategies, troubleshoot, plan, develop, and execute program activities
• Implement M&E systems & analyze and use data to refine program activities
• Manage operations staff to develop and maintain financial & administrative systems which facilitate efficient and timely organization operations
• Ensure effective and efficient implementation of approved budget/s for the RHAP programs and projects
• Ensure that RHAP complies with finance and supply chain management procedures
• Identify funding opportunities that align with RHAPs vision/mission and lead proposal development
• Assist//provide technical and writing assistance on proposals
• To identify, build and maintain working relationships with national and global partners, including donors, government & civil society
• Support the Director and program managers with staff management and ensure the performance management system is in place and implemented
Required minimum education and training:
A degree in a related field such as public health, financial management, business, or management
Required minimum work experience:
10 years of practical NGO management experience in developing, leading, and managing health or social justice programs
Desirable additional education, work experience, and personal abilities:
• To develop and execute initiative work plans to guide program implementation
• Provide programmatic technical assistance and quality improvement strategies to organizations, and provide training to adult learners
• Demonstrated experience with implementing public health advocacy programs and strategies
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with a diverse team
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Demonstrated expertise in designing and implementing public health advocacy programs
• Demonstrated experience working on donor-funded programs and familiarity with international donors
• Exposure to the rural context through the origin of practice preferred
• Sincere commitment to social justice and health equity
• Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV.
• Please Apply Online and complete your registration on Ditto Hire (our application tracking system) to enable and protect you as a candidate to accept the new POPIA terms and conditions. This will then create your permanent profile with which you can apply for all jobs as advertised by AJ PERSONNEL. However, you may remove your profile from AJ PERSONNEL when you are no longer in the job market.
• AJ Personnel is fully POPIA Compliant.
• Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
• The closing date for all applications:
13 September 2022.
• Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
• Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
Our Client, WHC, maintains mandatory Covid-19 requirements, and as such only Covid-19 vaccinated incumbents will be considered for positions.
• WHC, in accordance with its Employment Equity goals and plan, will give preference to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
• AJ Personnel is only responsible for advertising the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
• AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position.