IMCD South Africa is looking for an experienced Product Manager who will play a crucial role in our ambition to become a leading supplier to the Engineering Plastics Industry in South Africa. The Product Manager will be based at our Head Office in Randburg, South Africa, reporting into the Business Unit Manager: Advanced materials.
Person Profile: Targeted Skills & Capabilities
The ideal candidate will:-
• Have a BSc Polymer Science, or equivalent tertiary qualification in Polymer Science field.
• Have more than 10 years’ proven commercial experience.
• Have experience and knowledge of regulatory requirements in the plastics industry.
• Have an in-depth knowledge of Engineering Plastics.
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Be resilient, and able to multi-task and work under pressure.
• Be solution-focused.
• Have high independence and self-motivation.
• Be a team player – supporting colleagues when needed and working as part of a team is essential to our success.
• Be highly numerate – giving quotes, placing orders, preparing reports or working with spreadsheets.
• Be able to spot discrepancies, work with percentages and in general be comfortable working with numbers.
• Be computer literate.
• Experience in a multinational company on operational level will be an advantage.
• Enjoy travel.
The position is responsible for:
• The distribution of specialty raw materials, to existing customers.
• Maintaining the existing customer base, as well as identifying new opportunities.
• Development and expansion of product segments with strategic importance
• Creation and submission of offers, including price responsibility.
• Negotiation of supply contracts.
• Independent processing of customer inquiries including complaints.
• Technical advice to customers on the development of formulations, including appropriate sampling.
• Market analysis of customers, products, competitors and application markets
• Report maintenance and documentation in the CRM system (Salesforce)
• Responsibility for budget and requirements planning.
• Collaboration and participation in trade fairs and customer seminars as sales promotion measures
• Stock Management:Working closely with suppliers and supply chain to ensure an optimal stock holding.
BSc Polymer Science or equivalent Tertiary Qualification.
10-15 years proven commercial experience
Primary Job Location:
Randburg, South Africa
Regional when required.
• A market related Cost to Company salary package with attractive benefits and working conditions.
• A corporate culture that promotes performance and is based on partnership and flat hierarchies.