Job Advert Summary The successful incumbent will assist the Supervisor to isolate pump sets and pipe lines by opening and closing manual valves. The job function will include general cleaning of Control rooms, toilets, change rooms and eating facilities as well as the delivery and collection of stores material, mail and passengers.
• Grade 12
• Basic understanding of the water treatment process.
• Code 08 Drivers license and the ability to pass the Rand Water K53 driver’s evaluation.
• Assist in isolating of pump sets and pipe lines.
• Cleaning of control room floors and stair cases by using brooms, scrub brushes, mop, water and soap as well as using a vacuum cleaner.
• Collect consumables and materials from stores with a vehicle.
• Deliver and collect mail, passengers as well as control over the buffer store.
• Remove spider webs, cleaning of windows and vehicles and reporting any defects to the Supervisor.
Knowledge •Safety procedures
• Cleaning and sweeping
• Good communication skills
• Good housekeeping skills
• Driving of light delivery vehicles
• Team player, friendly
• Safety consciousness
We are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally. In evaluating prospective applicants and making the final selection, preference will be given to females and/ or people with disabilities to give effect to Rand Water’s Employment Equity objectives.