Plant Operator – (UAN/NK and UREA)
Closing Date 2023/02/02
Reference Number AEC230119-3
Pillar AECI Plant Health
Job Title Plant Operator – (UAN/NK and UREA)
Qualifications & Experience
• Ensure that Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and Works Instructions (WI’s) are strictly adhered to for plants under the incumbent’s control.
• Load Urea 43% using the loading gantry.
• Offload raw materials and store in designated storage areas.
• Complete bulk loading checklist as well as dangerous goods and vehicle driver compliance checklists.
• Ensure that the correct quantities of product are loaded. Any discrepancies are to be reported to the Team Leader.
• Keep the plant tidy at all times and report all unsafe or out of order equipment promptly to the Team Leader.
• Complete and sign job card.
• Ensure that good housekeeping standards are maintained in areas of responsibility.
• Complete forklift checks against checklist schedules as required.
• Required to assist with stocktakes as and when required.
• To undertake any legal ad hoc tasks for which the incumbent is competent as directed by Management.
• Required to work in other areas outside of the incumbent’s normal work area as directed by the Team Leader and/or Management.
• To ensure that machinery/equipment under the incumbent’s responsibility is kept in good and safe working condition.
• Required to conform to relevant SHEQ rules and regulations as per company policy.
• To meet occupational health requirements at the site as well as to areas of responsibility.
• To be aware and alert to the toxic and hazardous nature of materials handled in relevant work areas.
• Ensure accurate and honest reporting of incidents, near misses and safety hazards.
• To participate and assist to maintain all SHEQ Management Systems standards/requirements.
• To adhere to all internal control policies as directed by Management.
• Matric / Grade 12.
• Diploma or certificate in chemical plant operations related courses advantageous.
• Minimum of 1 year’s chemical plant operation experience in Production and items allied thereto.
• Must be able to drive a forklift, be medically fit to drive a forklift and be in possession of a valid forklift driver’s license.
• Basic computer literacy skills.
• Required to work shifts.
• Knowledge of SHEQ Management Systems standard/requirements advantageous.