Ensure that the operational running of the department and all key stakeholders pertaining, is managed effectively and efficiently, while exercising professionalism and confidentiality.
▪ Engagement Assist with stakeholder engagement by arranging actions, meetings, events, and supporting materials to promote stakeholder understanding and commitment.
▪ Business Meetings/Events Arrangement
▪ Schedule appointments, make arrangements for meetings and conferences, and organize travel plans following detailed instructions to facilitate business meetings.
▪ Operations Management
▪ Carry out operational tasks by following established processes. This will involve adjusting multiple settings or parameters to meet performance standards. Exercise discretion in carrying out activities.
▪ Work Scheduling and Allocation
▪ Organize own work schedule in order to get the job done, coordinating with support services and assigning short-term tasks to others if necessary.
▪ Client & Customer Management
▪ Help manage internal clients by carrying out standard activities and providing support to others.
▪ Internal Communications
▪ Use the internal communications system to access specific information.
▪ Budgeting and Costing
▪ Carry out simple tasks as part of the budgeting process.
▪ Support others by performing a range of facilities management activities.
▪ Planning and Organizing
▪ Works with guidance (but not constant supervision) to plan, organize, prioritize and oversee activities to efficiently meet business objectives.
▪ Account/Client Management
▪ Works with guidance (but not constant supervision) to manage client accounts in a way that provides benefits both for the organization and its clients.
▪ Verbal Communication
▪ Uses clear and effective verbal communications skills with guidance (but not constant supervision) to express ideas, request actions and formulate plans or policies.
▪ Policy and procedures
▪ Works with guidance (but not constant supervision) to develop, monitor, interpret and understand policies and procedures, while making sure they match organizational strategies and objectives.
▪ Action Planning
▪ Works under supervision at an elementary level to develop appropriate plans or perform necessary actions based on recommendations and requirements.
▪ Costing and Budgeting
▪ Work under supervision to perform elementary costing, budgeting, processing of invoices and finance tasks.
▪ Works under supervision at an elementary level to create relevant, lucid and effective reports.
▪ General Education Matric – SAQA Accredited (Essential); Secretarial diploma (Advantageous)
▪ General Experience At least 4 years supporting senior management, in a similar role (Essential)