Duties and Responsibilities
- Management of the department staff; plans and controls the daily activities, conducts meetings and enforces discipline.
- Buying of products; determines the replenishment requirements, negotiates prices with suppliers and coordinates any returns as well as stock rotation.
- Conduct on-the-job training and coaching to your team by motivating and developing them to achieve objectives & strategies.
- Product merchandising; allocate space for internal/external merchandisers and check for promotions and pricing of goods.
- Ensure that merchandising standards are on par and that correct PI Labels on shelves
- Controlling shrinkage; ensures stock in warehouse is at optimum levels and monitors shrinkage levels.
- Promotional advertising; purchases additional stock for promotions, coordinates in-store promotions.
- General admin; checking invoice pricing, monitors the rate of sale of product
- Grade 12 (Matric)
- Wholesale and Retail experience is a must
- At least 2 years experience as a Manager in the relevant department
- Proficient in MS Office Applications.