1. Responsible for processing the full salary and wages function.
2. Work out accurate wages which includes bonuses, salary increases and paid overtime.
3. Ensure accurate processing of timesheets.
4. Calculate and process all statutory payments i.e. pension and medical aid contributions.
5. Meet deadlines for the transfer of pay into employees bank account.
6. Processing of all new appointments, terminations and promotions on (VIP PEOPLE) to ensure accurate and timeous payment of wages.
7. Ensure quick resolution of all payroll queries by employees and line management.
8. Process all leave applications and administer schedules.
9. Conduct monthly reconciliation of all garnishee accounts and 3rd party payments.
10. Responsible for reconciliation of relevant accounts to the General Ledger.
11. Initialization of journal entries and adjustments to balance schedules to general ledger accounts.
12. Responsible for IRP5 submissions and tax year-end processes.
13. Liaise with finance department and ensure that all tax year-end requirements are met as per SARS requirements.
14. Facilitate the production of IRP5 documents and ensure all employees received their IRP5 documents for the applicable tax period.
15. Facilitation of month-end reporting and audit processing.
16. Provide assistance and support in the production of month end reports.
17. Compile and submit accurate monthly and adhoc reports as required.
18. Provide support and assistance in the annual audit process.
19. Assist and handle all relevant functions during annual auditing process.
1. Must have worked on Sage People system 300.
2. Matric is essential.
3. Excel efficient is ESSENTIAL.
4. Ability to problem solve.
5. Efficient planning and organizing.
6. Attention to detail.
7. Deadline driven and must be able to multitask.
8. Facilitate the production of IRP5 documents and ensure all employees received their IRP5 documents for the applicable tax period.
9. Facilitation of month-end reporting and audit processing.