Join this dedicated team, where you will be responsible for the application of routine security procedures within an Anglo Platinum Operation to ensure that employees and assets are protected and will also include emergency prevention duties.
We Take Safety Seriously. So Will You.
Guided by our purpose and our values, we enable both high performance and purposeful action as we aim to “re-imagine mining to improve people’s lives”, delivering the metals and minerals that make modern life possible – from mobile phones to medicines. Safety first is a way of life for us. We are unconditional about the safety, health and well-being of our colleagues, at work and at home, and about that of the communities where we work. We aim to lead the industry by investing in innovation to protect people, who are at the heart of our business. Our high performing teams take accountability for their own and others' actions, work collaboratively, and always show care and respect.
Duties and Responsibilities
Below are some of the responsibilities you will be required to perform
– Conduct allocated patrols or checkpoint duties
– Patrol on foot or vehicle as applicable and respond to alarms and take appropriate action
– Gather information that could support risk management
– Monitor performance and enforce access controls
– Identify and report all irregularities
– Participate in required meetings including safety, health, environment in initiatives
– To arrest all transgressors within the law and attend disciplinary inquiries as a witness/ complainant
– Grade 12
– Valid PSIRA Grade C registration
– Experience as a patrolperson or equivalent will be an advantage
– No criminal record
– Pass polygraph test
– Good communications in English (spoken, written, and reading)
– Certificate of fitness
– Advantageous computer literacy
Inclusion And Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process
Location: Potgietersrus, Limpopo
Closing Date: 26 October, 2021