The Order Allocator is responsible for ensuring that all orders are loaded onto the system timeously, and that stock is allocated, so that orders may be fulfilled and dispatched to customers, allowing us to serve them brilliantly.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Ensure that all orders on the Warehouse Management System (WMS barcoding) are checked for stock availability and reserved timeously.
- Manage and ensure that all backorders which are outstanding are communicated to the relevant teams including the Customer Care team, and the necessary actions are taken to ensure that customer service levels are achieved and maintained at all times.
- Ensure all backorders are prioritized when stock arrives.
- Ensure the relevant teams are advised of any no-stock, deleted, or canceled orders from the Warehouse Management System (WMS barcoding) and Syspro system if and when required.
- Investigate and analyze any stock related queries with regards to releasing of orders and customer queries on the Warehouse Management System (WMS barcoding).
- Investigate any stock queries, take action, and give feedback if and when required.
- Ensure all cycle counts are done accurately.
- Investigate all cycle count and stock variances and take the necessary corrective action ensuring that the integrity of the cycle count and stock accuracy is maintained. Give feedback if and when required.
- Responsible for the Warehouse Management System (WMS bar coding) including all hardware, software and processes for JHB DC, including but not limited to:
- Balance reports
- Monitoring of WMS reports daily
The experience we’re looking for:
- Experience in a similar role within a warehouse environment.
- Advanced working knowledge and understanding of Warehouse Management Systems.
- Advanced MS Excel, MS Word experience.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through skills.
The type of personality that will excel:
- Is highly organized, with good planning skills.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Has the ability to input, retrieve and analyse data.
- Enjoys dealing with various stakeholders with a natural ability to communicate at all levels.
- Passionate about excellence and attention to detail.
- Has a sense of urgency, prepared to put in the work to get things completed on time.
- Able to work extended hours and available after hours when required.