As an Operations Learner, you will, under direct supervision, follow established procedures and guidelines by delivering production orders assigned by the Shift Leader and Senior Production Operator to perform a variety of simple, manual tasks of a production process.
▪ Production Operation
▪ Under supervision of more experienced Operator/Leader, perform basic operation of designated machines and production equipment such as (one of the following): blenders, sieves, spray dryer systems, batching systems, multipurpose reactors, spinning cone column, bulk tanks, Roxane robots, packaging systems, ovens, mills, distillation columns (stills), encapsulation systems. Common tasks involve one of the following activities: blending, mixing,dispensing, packaging, heating, cooking, adding enzymes, compounding, filtering.
▪ Collect intermediates or raw materials, move and load it into production machines.
▪ Understand bill of materials and/or formula specifications, so the proper quantities of materials are added in the proper sequence.
▪ Manufacture product in a safe and timely manner and according to predefined process instructions to meet specific quality standards.
▪ Accurately read control instruments, prepare neat & accurate records for all operations as required.
▪ Troubleshoot problems under guidance of more experienced Operator or provide assistance.
▪ Assist in performing in-process quality testing to ensure customer specifications are met. Identify deviations and document / communicate them incompliance with Standard Operating Procedures.
▪ Prepare product packaging for next step in production or for final shipment to customer according to department specifications.
▪ Maintain neat, orderly and clean shop floor and workplace at all times and complete all sanitation and housekeeping duties as required.
▪ Work in accordance with all relevant requirements including, but not limited to GMP, AIB, OSHA, HACCP, FDA, USDA and internal safety guidelines
▪ Process Improvement
▪ Proactively identify process improvements.
▪ Participate in Lean activities in designated areas.
▪ Are you someone who wants to grow and shape your own world? Who thrives in a culture where you can express yourself in a creative team environment? Who wants to collaborate together with teams who are as passionate as you are? Then come join us – and impact your world.
Your Professional Profile includes
▪ Grade 12/Matric with Maths and Science
▪ Forklift operation skills preferred.
▪ Basic math, reading and recordkeeping skills.
▪ Basic PC skills, including competency in MS Office products.
▪ Able to lift up to 50 lbs.