Under general supervision, performs a variety of routine administrational duties as specified by established procedures. Reviews, prepares, and processes quotations for new store meter installations and removals, Instructing and monitoring of contractors to ensure target dates are reached, Prep and submit all relevant documents for payments. Prepares weekly reports on meter status, manages and report on the offline list weekly. Ordering of new energy stock. Assist with minute taking as and when required. The Operations Administrator will be expected to work such hours and overtime as may be required by your job, from time to time. The functions below are an indication to the basic duties but may not include additional tasks as dedicated by the Utilities Portfolio Manager.
Essential functions and basic duties
▪ Assumes responsibility for the accurate, efficient, and effective performance of routine administration of utilities functions.
▪ Reviews, prepares and processes quotations.
▪ Liaise with contractors, suppliers, service providers.
▪ Ordering of energy stock.
▪ Obtaining of orders numbers and assigning contractors to various sites in SA.
▪ Compile all documents needed together with invoices for processing payments before submitting to the finance department.
▪ All general admin work including filing.
▪ Provides accurate weekly offline and meter status reports to Management.
▪ Good coordination and communication exist with other staff members.
▪ Management is appropriately informed of area activities.
▪ Assigned functions are efficiently and effectively completed in a professional manner.
▪ Ensure offline list is managed effectively and in line with SLA.
▪ Data base clean up.
▪ Tariff Analysis
▪ Post high school training or education in accounting preferred.
▪ Knowledge of related computer applications.
▪ General understanding of accounting principles.
▪ One year of related experience required.
▪ Good typing skills.
▪ Attentive to detail and accuracy.
▪ Well organised.
▪ Cooperative and willing to assist others.
▪ Able to use computer applications, adding machine, and telephone.