Company Description Standard Bank Group is a leading Africa-focused financial services group, and an innovative player on the global stage, that offers a variety of career-enhancing opportunities – plus the chance to work alongside some of the sector’s most talented, motivated professionals. Our clients range from individuals, to businesses of all sizes, high net worth families and large multinational corporates and institutions. We’re passionate about creating growth in Africa. Bringing true, meaningful value to our clients and the communities we serve and creating a real sense of purpose for you.
Responsible for the end to end processing of Import Letters of Credit to ensure that transactions are in accordance with international standard banking practice, rules and regulations with a view of avoiding reputational and financial risk for the Standard Bank Group. Perform checking of documents presented in accordance with the terms and conditions under the Letter of Credit subject to International Standard Banking Practice (ISBP), Uniform Customs and Practice for Documentary Credits (UCP600), International Standby Practice (ISP98) rulings
• Senior certificate
• Certified Documentary Credit Specialist (CDCS) and Certificate in International Trade Finance (CITF)
• 3-4 years experience identifying and understanding risk (financial, reputational, regulatory, credit and documentary risks)as it relates to Letters of Credit and understanding the reporting process
• Experience in dealing with various stakeholders and managing their expectations. Customer service oriented. Ability to understand customer needs and requirements. Ability to resolve client queries. Ability to deal with difficult and demanding customers.
• 3-4 years experience with spot transactions, forward exchange contracts, options, swaps, foreign currency accounts, Nostro and Vostro accounts, exchange rates, balance of payments, exchange control, Nostro/Vostro reconciliation, SWIFT concepts,
• 3-4 years Experience with all relevant publications governing Letters of Credit such as International Standard Banking Practice, Uniform Customers and Practice for Documentary Credits, International Standby Practices
• Generating Ideas
• Developing Practical Approaches
• Developing Expertise
• Documenting Facts
• Examining Information
• Interpreting Data
• Challenging Ideas
• Interacting with people