Company Description Standard Bank Group is a leading Africa-focused financial services group, and an innovative player on the global stage, that offers a variety of career-enhancing opportunities – plus the chance to work alongside some of the sector’s most talented, motivated professionals. Our clients range from individuals, to businesses of all sizes, high net worth families and large multinational corporates and institutions. We’re passionate about creating growth in Africa. Bringing true, meaningful value to our clients and the communities we serve and creating a real sense of purpose for you.
Responsible for the end to end processing of Guarantees to ensure that transactions are in accordance with international standard banking practice, rules and regulations with a view of avoiding reputational and financial risk for the Standard Bank Group. Receive request on workflow for processing. Scrutinize the wording of the request (standard/non-standard) and identify any operational risk (i.e. wording falling outside the Guarantee Operations and Legal framework). Refer non-standard wording to Operations Legal for vetting. Prepare draft from wording received and align it to Guarantees Operations and Legal framework
• Senior certificate and Diploma
• Certificate for Specialists in Demand Guarantees (CSDG), Certificate in International Trade Finance (CITF)
• Experience with issuance of Foreign Outward and Inward Guarantees, spot transactions, Nostro and Vostro accounts, exchange rates, balance of payments, exchange control, Nostro/Vostro reconciliation, SWIFT concepts, have knowledge and experience of Trade product Guarantees, Sanctions/compliance.
• Experience with all relevant publications governing guarantees Uniform Rules for Demand Guarantees no 758, International Standby Practices ISP 98
• Identify and understanding risk (financial, reputational, regulatory, Guarantees and understanding the reporting process
• Experience in dealing with various stakeholders and managing their expectations.
• Ability to understand customer needs and requirements, resolve client queries, deal with difficult and demanding customers.
• Generating Ideas
• Developing Practical Approaches
• Developing Expectise
• Documenting Facts
• Examining Information
• Interpreting Data
• Challenging Ideas
• Interacting with people